Software Quality Assurance & Software Process Improvement
Software Quality Assurance and Software Process Improvement Services
SQC provides you with strategic consulting and IT services in the areas of Software Quality Assurance and Software Process Improvement. Our support enables diagnosing your current process strengths and weaknesses, developing and facilitating establishment of Action plans to address pain areas, staff augment your resources for SQA and Process Improvement, and facilitate improvement.
Our engagements under this practice include:
1. IT Consulting Services
SQC provides IT consulting services that includes the following
- Aligning Business Goals and Process Improvement objectives
- Model based Process Definition Consulting (CMMI, ISO/SPICE)
- Building High Maturity processes and facilitating process improvement
- Sustaining Process Improvement
2. Training and Education
SQC provides a wide variety of IT Training related to Technical and Process domains. With partnerships with some of the World Leading Training provides like iCarnegie (www.icarnegie.com), Software Engineering Institute (www.sei.cmu.edu), Shipley (www.shipleywins.co.uk) & the Business Development Institute (www.bd-institute.org), SQC provides fleible methods of on-site, face2face, Video based or Virtual training programs in an entire suite of topics ranging from Software Engineering, to Business Development & Software Process Improvement. Our training suite includes:
- SEI Authorized Introduction to CMMI
- High Maturity Practices
- Software Engineering Estimation Methods
- Effective SQA Practices
- Improving Decision Quality in IT Organizations
- Writing Winning Proposals (WWP)
- Introduction to the BD-CMM
- iCarnegie's full suite of courses (Software Architecture, Managing Technical People, Managing Software Development and Executive Courses)
3. IT Process Appraisals & Assessments
Assessments are a diagnostic tool to analyze the current practices in an organization & identify areas for improvement. We offer a full range of assessments, which include
SEI/Carnegie Mellon Authorized SCAMPI Class A, B & C Appraisals (SM) - Standard CMMI based Assessment Method for Process Improvement using CMMI - DEV, CMMI-SVC or CMMI-ACQ constellations
- SQC Mini-Assessments™ (Gap Analysis)
- Quick Looks by SQC trained assessors for process "health check"
- ISO 27001 Information Security Audits and Certification
- ISO 15504/SPICE based Appraisals–Led by iNTACS certified SPICE Assessors (ISO/SPICE)
4. IT Consulting and Benchmarking on Measurements & Metrics Analysis Initiatives
SQC provides high end consulting to all types and sizes of organizations in setting up the right measurements criteria both on the product and process areas.
Measuring the quality of processes and products is not a very easy task. Traditionally, various high maturity organizations have defined an organization’s Metrics Program at the initial stages their improvement initiatives. Also, it is important that the data collected co-relates to the business objectives. Senior Managers often find it hard to balance between the short-term project needs and the longer-term process improvement goals.
SQC offers consulting and facilitation on industry methods such as the Goal-Question-Metrics (GQM) approach invented by Victor Basili, and to develop and sustain a measurement capability that meets management and business objectives.
Our Performance Benchmarking and Assessment service (in partnership with the David Consulting Group delivers World Class solutions to clients that want to assess project performance against world class industry benchmarks, and improve their Processes.